star4.2 (19 Ratings)
Leh Ladakh Photo Tour
7 Days and 6 Nights
See Leh-Ladakh like no other. Apart from Leh, Nubra & Pangong Tso which are the regular places of mass tourism, we cover some off-beat and exotic places like Tso Moriri and Tso Kar that most people don’t visit. As a part of this carefully crafted tour, we have included a Ladakhi homestay at the village Maan on the shores of the famous Pangong Tso lake. This place offers a great view of the lake and also fantastic Astro-photography opportunity. From there we drive through the exotic and super beautiful Changthang region of Ladakh to reach the enchanting Tso Moriri Lake. We further visit the Tso Kar lake, a great birding site which boasts of many bird & wildlife species unique to this region.
7D/6N Photo Tour of Leh Ladakh
Winter migration Bird watching / Photography
Capture Fall colours of Ladakh
Landscape, Birding & Travel Photography in one Tour
6 Nights / 7 Days Accommodation on twin sharing basis
Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
Transportation to visit various places
Constructive Critiquing sessions
Adventure & Photography
Day 1: leh sightseeing
- Arrive at Leh airport.
- Transfer to hotel.
- Take rest for the entire day to get acclimatized to the high altitude of Leh which is at (11,500 ft./3500 m).
- At evening, visit to Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa & Leh Market.
- Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 2: Thiksay- Sangam-Leh
- Post breakfast, drive to Thiksay Monastery (one of the most beautiful monasteries in Ladakh).
- Head to Sham valley.
- Visit to the confluence of river Sindhu & Zanskar which is called the Sangam.
- This place is famous for White Water Rafting. You can enjoy this adventure sport which boasts of grade 4+ rapids
(this is an optional activity and the payment is to be done directly at the site).
- En-route, visit to the Magnetic Hill and the Military Hall of Fame – a museum and memorial of war heroes.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Leh.
Day 3: Leh - Nubra
- Post early breakfast, drive to the Nubra Valley.
- Cross Khardung La pass (18,380 ft), the highest motorable road in the world for civilians.
- Visit Diskit Monastery and Big Maitreya Buddha Statue.
- Later drive to Hunder. Experience Camel Safari on the Bactrian double humped camels unique to this region (optional).
- Overnight stay at a camp in Hunder.
Day 4:Nubra - Pangong - Maan
- Start early from Hunder to reach Pangong Tso lake by lunchtime.
- After lunch, spend time photographing on the shores of Pangong lake till evening.
- Drive along the shores of Pangong lake to reach the Maan / Meraks village.
- Astrophotography post-dinner (depending on weather).
- Overnight stay at a Ladakhi homestay at Maan / Meraki
Day 5: Maan - Tso Moriri Lake
- Post early breakfast, leave for the enchanting Tso Moriri Lake via the remote Changthang region of Ladakh.
- The drive between Pangong Lake and Tso Moriri is one of the most beautiful drives in Ladakh and possibly the entire J&K.
The Tso Moriri lake in the Changthang region of Ladakh is one of the most beautiful, calm and sacred high-altitude lakes in India.
This place is a treasure trove of flora and fauna unique to this region.
- Tsagala pass, Loma bend and Nyoma offers abundant and unique opportunities for photography.
- Overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 6:Tso Moriri - Tsokar - Leh
- After breakfast, head back to Leh via Puga Valley (hot spring valley), Polo Kongka pass and Tsokar Lake (Salt Lake).
- The Tso Kar lake is a fluctuating saltwater lake popularly known as the White Lake.
It provides a unique and lovely opportunity for birding in Ladakh.
- From Tso Kar, drive via Tanglangla pass (5330 m) – highest pass on Leh to Manali highway.
- Pass through the beautiful valley of Rumsey and back to Leh.
- Evening stroll in Leh market for last-minute souvenir shopping.
- Overnight stay at hotel in Leh.
Day 7: Departure
- Early morning transfer to the airport for taking the flight back home.
- The tour ends here. Take home an unforgettable experience with loads of amazing photography.
Monastery / Monument fees
Camel safari / Rafting and other optional activities
Expenses of personal nature like, extra meals, alcoholic drinks/ Soft Beverages etc
Laundry, Phone calls, any extra meals / drinks ordered
Cost incidental to any changes in the itinerary due to bad weather, Ill health, Stay on account of flight cancellation, landslides, Road blockage and other nature calamity which is beyond our control
Oxygen Cylinder Food and other expenses during train/bus/flight travel to Leh and return is not included in the package
Any Personal expenses and Travelling plans made outside tour itinerary
Extra Purchases / shopping of any sort
Medical expenses beyond first aid. Medical/Travel insurance
Personal losses/ damage / Theft – including baggage, personal articles, photography gear etc
Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions
Things to Carry
Camera, Lenses (wide angle for Landscape & Telephoto for Birding)
Medicine (carry DIAMOX 500MG for altitude sickness) alt)
extra SD cars and batteries
ND filter and CPL filter (if you have)
What happens after Booking?
What's with the Confirmation time?
About the Cancellation thing,