star4.3 (12 Ratings)
Experience the Western ghats at it’s best on this majestic mountain that has a thick forest, grasslands, chilling waterfalls in between and then a thrilling ridge walk. The landscapes that you will see from the top of the mountain are just mind-blowing. The majestic Kodachadri is relatively close to the Arabian Sea. There’s also plenty of mouth-watering seafood at Malpe for the foodie in you. The icing on the cake is many water activities and boat ride to St Mary’s Island. Kodachadri with Malpe beach is an experience to cherish. All in all, Kodachadri is a true wonder of mother nature.
Visit Malpe Beach
Adventurous water sports
St Mary’s Island
Meals (2 Breakfasts, 1 lunch,1 Dinner)
Transportation(Tempo traveller/Mini Bus)
Forest office charges & trek permissions
Campfire (if it doesn’t rain or not too damp)
Malpe Beach & Udupi town visit
Jeep ride back to base camp
Day 0 (Friday):
- Start overnight journey from Bangalore.
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Arrive at homestay, freshen up.
- Post breakfast, start the hike. Grab your packed lunch.
- Witness the amazing natural setting as you hike up through the dense forest and rich vegetation.
- Walk on the thrilling ridge to view stunning valleys as you approach the peak.
- After conquering the mountain, revel at the awesome landscape amidst the clouds.
- Relax for a while, rejuvenate and soothe your soul. If lucky, witness the mesmerizing sunset.
- Thrilling Jeep ride on the way back to the base camp.
- Bonfire & well deserved hot dinner. Social gathering with light music till late night.
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Wake up early and witness the amazing sunrise.
- Post breakfast, drive towards the west coast & arrive at the buzzing Malpe beach.
- Stroll on the beach or indulge in water sports (if open).
- Break for lunch.
- Take a ferry to St Mary’s Island (if open).
- A 2 hrs window where you may explore any extra place on your own (Like the famous Udupi temple).
- Shop for souvenirs and goodies at the local flea marke near Malpe.
- Try some delicious street food for early dinner.
- Start return journey to Bangalore by late evening.
Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach home by early Monday morning.
Any kind of personal expenses
Any expenses that are not mentioned in inclusions
Lunch, Dinner on Sunday
Water sports or Ferry charges if open
Things to Carry
GOVT issued ID proofs
Water bottle (2)
Medicines (If you have any Health issues)
The facilities are basic, close to nature on this backpacking trip. Not for luxury seekers.
We cannot predict if water sports or St Mary’s Island would be open. It is totally up to tourism dept. on that day.
What happens after Booking?
What's with the Confirmation time?
About the Cancellation thing,