star4.3 (35 Ratings)
Gandikota Trip (Indian Grand Canyon)
2 Days and 1 Night
Gandikota along the banks river Penna in Andhra Pradesh is known for its spectacular gorge formed by river Penna that cuts through the Erramala hills. This handsome piece of nature’s architecture has come to be known as the Grand Canyon of India by travellers who visit it and get bewitched by its beauty. Apart from the unmatched beauty of the gorge, the mystical charm of this fort and a visit to this village would be an exciting opportunity for history lovers and adventure seekers. Belum Caves are the second-longest caves in the Indian subcontinent open to the public. These caves are more than a thousand years old and were formed by a constant flow of underground water over a period of time.
The Grand Canyon style gorge view
Kayaking on Penna river
Swimming with life jackets
Amazing sunrise and sunset from gorge
Music & Dance
Transpotation (Tempo traveller)
Meals (2 Breakfasts,1 Lunch,1 Dinner)
Campfire (If it doesn’t rain at the time)
Belum caves & entry charges
Life jackets to play in Pennar river
Day 0 (Friday):
- Overnight journey from Bangalore (6 hrs).
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Arrive at Gandikota tourist house early morning
- Post breakfast, head out to the Penna river (a mini-trek to the bottom of the Gandikota Gorge).
- Indulge in Kayaking, swimming (life jackets will be provided).
- Head back to our restaurant for lunch.
- Post lunch, walk to the magnificent Gandikota Fort.
- Visit to the Grand Canyon of India. Witness the majestic view.
- Head to our campsite (pitched tents).
- Socialize and revel in the warmth of campfire.
- Dinner & party till late night.
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Witness mesmerizing sunrise view early morning.
- Head to Mylavaram reservoir. Marvel at the huge water body and scenic landscapes.
- Drive to Belum caves and experience the new world underground.
- Lunch at a local restaurant in the village .
- Head back to Bangalore.
- Reach home by night.
1 Lunch on Sunday
Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
Any kind of personal expenses
Any expenses that are not mentioned in inclusions
Things to Carry
Walking / Trekking / Sports shoes
GOVT issued ID proofs
Torch / Flashlight / Headlight
Water bottle (2)
If Belum caves are closed due to some local or unexpected reasons, travelers will be taken to an alternate place.
This is a best pick for those looking for a backpacking trip as the facilities are basic and close to nature. Not for luxury seekers.
Pick up timings may vary
What happens after Booking?
What's with the Confirmation time?
About the Cancellation thing,