star4.1 (28 Ratings)
Agumbe Rainforest Experience
2 Days and 1 Night
Agumbe is one of the most scenic hill stations in Karnataka. The major attractions for visitors are waterfalls, spectacular sunset and forest trails famous among trekkers. Agumbe has one of the highest rainfalls in the world. Many episodes of the popular television series Malgudi Days were filmed in Agumbe. As a part of the Western Ghats mountain range, Agumbe lies in a UNESCO World Heritage Site and holds one of the last surviving low-land rainforests of India. It is adjacent to the Someshwara Wildlife Sanctuary and the Kudremukh National Park.
Amazing Kavale Durga Fort trek
Hidden waterfalls (Rainforest special experience)
Kundadri Hill (The highest peak of rain forest)
Meals (2 Breakfasts,1 Lunch,1 Dinner)
Campfire (If it doesn’t rain at the time)
Forest Dept permissions, Entry Tickets for specific Hikes & waterfalls
Day 0 (Friday):
- Overnight journey from Bangalore to Agumbe.
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Arrive at village homestay close to the forest.
- Freshen up and fuel up with nice breakfast. Grab your packed Lunch
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort
- Hike up to enjoy amazing views of the rain forest. This is a 2.5 km easy hike with stunning views from the top.
There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time.
- Trek back to the vehicle.
- Go for a nature walk of 1 km to take a dip under the pristine waterfalls.
- Lunch overlooking the falls.
- Visit to a humongous silent lake.
- Head back to the homestay.
- Bonfire & dinner. Overnight stay at tents/rooms.
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Post breakfast, pack your bags and check-out of the homestay.
- Visit to the Malgudi days house.
- Hike up the Kundadri hills – the highest point in Agumbe mountains. 3 km easy hike.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Post lunch, visit to the Sirimanne waterfalls.
- Head to the temple town of Sringeri. Visit an ancient Temple built in the 8th century in the banks of Tunga river.
- Start the journey back towards Bangalore.
- Dinner on the way close to Chikmagalur town.
Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach home early Monday morning.
Sunday (Lunch, Dinner)
Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the Inclusions
Mules or porter to carry personal Luggage
Things to Carry
GOVT issued ID proofs
Water bottle (2)
The Facilities are basic, close to nature on this backpacking trip. Not for luxury seekers.
We have 2 big rooms for men and 2 big rooms for women at our forest homestay. No private rooms can be given.
Pick up timings may vary
What happens after Booking?
What's with the Confirmation time?
About the Cancellation thing,