Top 11 Must Do Things in Kanatal
Kanatal is a very serene and pleasing suburb of Mussoorie which is an upcoming, popular destination for everyone who is looking to enjoy a holiday full of solemn-peace and sweeping views along with a big pinch of super fun adventures to indulge in! This blog lists the 10 best things to do in Kanatal for a great experience.
- Trekking- Trekking in Kanatal is very popular and the trails are full of thick vegetations, passing through the bountiful Kodai Jungle which has a plethora of wildlife species like wild boar, ghoral, musk deer and much more. The pathway also offers amazing views of the neighbouring valleys and ranges making the whole experience of walking amidst the nature very fulfilling.
2. Camping– spending a night under the clear, star-studded sky while residing right in the middle of the beautiful nature is always a must-do in a place like Kanatal. Camping getaways in Kanatal ensure a fun experience.
3. Valley Crossing– the most enthralling and unmissable adventure to take on in Kanatal is valley crossing. This is basically zip-lining which involves gliding across and between the towering and lush-greeneries via a rope and pulley. The experience will give you an apt amount of adrenaline rush and will be unforgettable.
4. Rappelling and Rock Climbing– another very famous activities, Rappelling and rock climbing in Kanatal are great for adventure-fanatics who’d want to explore the hilly cliffs quite literally. The cliffs and rocky outcrops of Kanatal are quite perfect for such things.
5. Jungle Safari– the rich flora and fauna of the Kodai Jungle in Kanatal is best enjoyed through a jungle safari. This tour will help you spot all the rare and beautiful species of birds and animals who call the jungle their habitat like musk deer, wild boar, barking deer and nilgai. The jungle has thick vegetation and the scenic beauty around it is a sight for sore eyes.
6. Experience from the hilltop– reaching the hilltops of Kanatal after a trek or via other means will leave you spell-bound as the picturesque vistas of the snow-capped mountains and fresh nature is stunning. It will be a very rewarding experience overall.
7. Exploring the culture– life and people of the hill stations can be different from the ones back home in a busy city so taking time out to interact with the locals, engage with the different cultural activities or vibe will help any traveller feel something new, enhance the value of the trip by going beyond the surface. This can be best done by opting for a homestay where you’ll live in a mud-house or regular houses with locals and be able to learn their culture more closely.
8. Soak in the beauty and rejuvenate– Kanatal is such a refreshing place to be at with tranquil beauty and an abundance of unperturbed nature surrounding it. Just soak in the calm, click some great insta-worthy pictures for your memories and let the serenity clear your head space.
9. Shopping in Chamba- Kanatal does not have a market of its own but the nearby Chamba area has a market where you can buy local handicrafts like traditionally woven bamboo baskets, bags, much more.
10. Sightseeing- Kanatal has a lot of famous temples and sites to visit like the Tehri Dam, Surkanda Devi Temple, Dhanaulti Eco Park and more. Spending a day or two for sightseeing would be a good idea.
11. Relishing local dishes- Uttarakhand has some traditional dishes that are delectable. Especially jhangoora ki kheer is a dessert that is quite famous here and the small food joints in Kanatal do serve delicious food.
Kanatal is undoubtedly a feast for all travellers who love to be amidst natural beauty and challenge their adventure streak. The views it offers are unparalleled along with a lot of scope for super fun activities to be indulged in. So we hope you found the next destination you should head to plus all the cool things to do there undoubtedly!