Best Things To Do in Sadhupul
A quaint village between Chail and Solan, Sadhupul is an out of the blue and unique destination to head over to. The infamous Sadhupul Lake is where this village derives its name from and while this beautiful place may seem small, there is a lot to do in, and around Sadhupul! This blog lists the best things to do in Sadhupul.
Camping- Camping at the banks of the river Ashwini in Sadhupul is one of the best things to do in Sadhupul. It will consist of staying right amidst the stunning landscapes of Sadhupul, enjoying the experience of living next to the clean stream and also using the campsite as a base for trekking.
2. Trekking- the best way to explore a place in Himachal Pradesh and also do an adventure activity is to do trekking. There are several trekking routes in Sadhupul, a short one being the trek from Sadhupul to Chail.
3. Photography- Sadhupul and Chail are full of photogenic and scenic beauties so catching the sunrise, sunsets and beautiful natural views on camera are one definite thing to do so as to make the most out of the trip, make memories.
4. Indulge in the goodness of Himachali food- There are several dhabbas in and around Sadhupul and Chail where you can eat traditional foods and cuisine of Himachal Pradesh. It would include dishes like Dham, Patande, Babru, Mittha, Sidu, Kadoo ka khatta among more.
5. Shopping at Chail Mall Road- Sadhupul is a small village/town located between Chail and Solan so the Chail Mall Road is the closest market area that has numerous stores selling handicrafts, clothing pieces, junk jewelry, and other souvenir-worthy items along with some good restaurants lined up too.
6. Have a meal at the infamous river restaurant- Sadhupul is most known for the Sadhupul lake and its concept of river restaurants where the eating joint is right in the middle of the water body. The tables and chairs are in the form of a floating wooden article which makes it a once in a lifetime kind of experience for all!
7. Marvel at the architecture of Chail Palace- Originally a palace for the royals, The Chail Palace is now a high-end hotel and even if you can’t afford a stay here, make sure to give it a visit because it has an iconic architecture which makes it a must-visit.
8. Tour the temples with great views- Kali Mandir in Chail is a temple dedicated to Kali Mata and is situated at the top of a hill. The sunset views from Kali Mandir here are simply exquisite and everyone must experience it without fail.
9. See exotic fauna- The Chail Sanctuary is a government-declared Wildlife Sanctuary with innumerable variety and species of birds and animals. You can expect to see exotic animals like the Indian Muntjac, Leopard, Wild Board, Garal and many more amidst lush greenery. It is the best place to visit in Sadhupul for spotting wildlife.
10. Explore the world’s highest cricket ground- The Chail Cricket Ground is the world’s highest cricket ground making it a must-visit, legendary place for every traveller’s itinerary. There is a treehouse also and this ground is being developed for potential international cricket games to be held soon.
Like every destination in Himachal Pradesh, this little trinket has a charm of its own and is steadily becoming a popular attraction. So head over here and discover this gem of a place before everyone else does!