10 Best Things To Do in Mussoorie
The quintessential hill station, Mussoorie is that one super popular destination in India that is synonymous with vacation instantly! It is a captivating paradise for all types of travellers and offers a myriad of enthralling, engaging activities so this blog lists the must-do things in Mussoorie for an incomparable experience.
- Riding the Cable Car- a signature feature of this place, Mussoorie’s aerial tramway gives the perfect bird’s eye view of the majestic hill station which runs from the Mall Road to Gun Hill at 6800 feet above sea level! The vistas that can be seen throughout the journey is absolutely gorgous.
2. Trekking and marvelling at sweeping views- to do something active and then be rewarded by astonishing views of the ranges, make sure to hike uphill from Kulri Bazaar to Laal Tibba (red hill) which is the which is the highest peak in the area. The observation deck up there has high powered binoculars to enable you to see just breath-taking views of the vistas! The Hathipaon trek will take you through forests with amazing flora and fauna so for all hikers, active people out there, this is just the right activity to indulge in!
3. Shopping at Mall Road and from Himalayan Weavers- Mall Road runs through the heart of the town, consisting of a boulevard with carnival-like shops lined all along. From local goods to souvenir items, it has it all! You can also head to Himalayan Weavers to buy high-quality, hand-woven shawls and scarves in different fabrics with natural dye-colours.
4. Swimming at Kempty Falls- it may not be the most clean pool, but the man made pool under Kempty Falls is still a very popular spot to swim in complete with changing rooms facilities, lockers, swimwear, equpiment, etc ideal to beat the heat! For people preferring more natural and untouched water vibes can head over to Bhatta Falls or Jharipani Falls instead.
5. Take a trip to the Corn Village- Sainji Village near Mussoorie is an off-beat yet very attractive destination to definitely stop by to marvel at the buildings decorated with bunches of corn! Interacting with the residents there, checking out the school setup for the locals and sampling their delectable food will add a lot to your experience!
6. Learn about local culture- the SOHAM Heritage and Art Centre is a private, very informative museum in Mussoorie that aims to preserve the Himalayan culture via art, photographs, instruments and similar pieces so a visit here will help you soak in some traditional vibes!
7. Fun for kids at the Company Garden- a sprawling municipal garden, the Company Garden in Mussoorie is a super fun place for kids. There are pedal boats, wax museum, artificial waterfall amidst beautiful flowers plus some assorted rides, making it ideal for an interesting visit for families!
8. Laying back at Landour- just a few miles away from Mussoorie, Landour is a place with a tranquil vibe and British India charm. Vastly different from Mussoorie, it is away from the hustle bustle of life and simply perfect to sit back and rejuvenate yourself, revel in the peace. It has several quirky food joints/cafes and stores, it is also known for being home to Ruskin Bond among more known persons!
9. Attending the Mussoori Mountain Festival- if you’ll be visiting Mussoorie in the month of March then watch out for this fantastic music, cultural festival. From home-grown labels to beyond, it aims at showcasing plus celebrating the rich Himalayan culture via feature films, panel discussions, music performances and so much more. It will definitely make your trip double the fun!
10. White water rafting- one of the best things to do in Mussoorie, white water rafting here is an ultimate rafting experience with the moving rapids of clear river making you sway in the water and enjoy! It is conducted with professionals aboard so you’ll definitely be set up for an immensely wholesome experience.
11. Paragliding- for all the adrenaline junkies, paragliding in Mussoorie is an enthralling adventure sport where you fly in the stunning sky spaces of the hill station, feel your tummy rumble and enjoy the breathtaking views, wind around you.
12. Sky-riding- the hills of Mussoorie are just right for adventure sport activities so sky-riding/zip-lining, paragliding, etc are the best experiences to have here. Sky riding or zip lining involve passing between 2 mountains and catching beautiful glimpses of the forests around as the adrenaline rushes in your body!
Rightly known as the “Queen of Hills”, Mussoorie is undeniably a world-wide favourite destination that offers all types of great activities, magnificent views of the nature and a guaranteed amazing travel experience so we hope now you know all the things you must do in Mussoorie to make the most of the trip!