Best Things To Do In McLeodganj
Nestled in the Shivaliks, Mcleodganj is a unique destination unlike any other. With sweeping views, quaint yet quirky cafes and enthralling activities to indulge in, it should definitely be on top of your vacation list! This blogs lists the best things to do in Mcleodganj for the most fulfilling experience.
- Boating- a boat ride in the famous Dal Lake would be a great way to begin your trip to Mcleodganj. It is a beautiful lake where the ride will allow you to zone out in peace and just enjoy the serenity of the surroundings.
2. Sightseeing- Mcleodganj has a rich culture and exotic sites to explore making the sightseeing experience quite amazing. Some landmark places to visit would be Namgyal Monastery, Bhagsu Falls, Tsuglagkhang and Tibetan Museum among more.
3. Shooping exotic things- The local markets in Mcleaodganj offer a variety of bizarre items to buy! Tibetan Carpets, rugs, unique sculptures and similar goods can be found in plenty in Kotwali Bazaar, and Mcleodganj Central Sqaure while Jogiwara road would best for getting some souvenirs back home!
4. Camping- Camping in Mcleodganj is like laying in the lap of beautiful nature and is one of the best, off-beat things to definitely do here. You can spend time amidst the tranquil landscapes and view the stunning Himalayan Peaks, away from the usual hustle bustle of city-life.
5. Star-gazing- the clear skies, beautiful views of snow-capped mountains can be perfectly enjoyed as you reside in the middle of mother nature, allow your mind to wander and relax!
6. Yoga and Spa- Mcleodganj has a lot of yoga centre having fantastic yoga classes for tourists which will be great to relax any sore muscles from the endless fun and traveling! Mcleodganj is also renowned for terrific and soothing Ayurvedic spas plus healing therapies so make sure to give one of them a try for a riveting experience.
7. Trekking- One of the best things to do in Mcleodganj is trekking in the interesting and beautiful pathways leading to places like Triund, Kareri River, Bhagsu and Indrahar Pass among more. From marvelling at the bountiful mountains to stunning natural landscapes, trekking will be perfect to explore this infamous Himalayan destination, attractions around it.
8. Indulging in exquisite food- Gorge on delectable Tibetan Food when here. From fun, cosy cafes to several traditional restaurants, indulging in unworldly coffee, delicious Tibetan dishes like momos, thukpas and more while in Mcleodganj is a definitely enjoyable thing to do.
9. Marvel at the beautiful sunset- Make sure spend an evening at the summit of Dhauladhar range for seeing the spectacular sunset and absorb the vibe of nature around you.
10. Enjoy watching cultural shows- The Tibetan Institute of performing arts in Mcleadoganj hosts some marvellous folk, cultural performances involving drama, local opera and more. It is a complete entertainment bundle lasting 6 hours with the annual Shoton Opera Festival being most popular.
From treks to strolls, spirituality to adventure and everything in between, Mcleodganj is a place that ticks the list for everything! We hope now as you head there, you’ll be equipped with the list of top things to do while there!