Best Things To Do in Manali
The undisputed king of vacations in India, Manali is the most popular hill station to visit with jaw-dropping views, sprawling valleys and meadows and a whole lot of fun things to indulge yourself in that you are guaranteed to make some amazing memories! This blog lists all the interesting thins you must do when in Manali.
- Trekking- Trekking in Manali is one of the first things one would do to explore the beautiful landscapes around. The most popular treks are Beas Kund, Hampta Pass, Chandtratal Lake Trek, and Deo Tibba Trek. So make sure to head out and enjoy the intriguing trails!
2. Camping- Manali is basically synonymous to adventure so camping would be the home base from where it all begins! Ditch the traditional hotels and see what it feels like to live right in the middle of the glorious nature in Manali’s camping expedition.
3. Zorbing- Solang Valley is the nearest, the best hub for adventure activities and sports in Manali. Zorbing is a fun activity which brings out unparalleled sensations as you tumble down in a big transparent ball. It is one of the must-do things in Solang Valley especially for children and it is a very cheap, affordable exercise.
4. Paragliding- The most popular adventure activity to do in Manali-Solang Valley, is a famous adventure sport which involves letting you fly in the air quite literally as you jump off with a uniquely-designed parachute and land safely. This thrilling activity can be done on 2 jump stations- one on the low and another on a higher level there.
5. Skiing- This is the activity that makes Solang Valley often known as the Skiing Paradise of North India where you can enjoy looking at the beautiful, white snow landscapes at all levels. Skiing is an extremely thrilling experience which involves sliding on the snow with some equipment and maintaining balance. Because of its proximity to Solang Valley, Manali is a great destination for skiing!
6. Riding a Yak- As you visit the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary and are greeted by serene chirps and sounds of exotic birds, animals, make sure to also ride the yak which is a Manali vacation tradition you can’t miss!
7. Biking- Quad Biking to Rohtang Pass an essential for all the adrenaline junkies out there. It is super enjoyable activity where people can ride ATV’s down the road, beautiful pathways with snow-capped mountains on both sides and surreal landscapes around!
8. Photography- Manali is one of the most aesthetically pleasing and gorgeous places in Himachal Pradesh. Using your phone or camera to capture the marvellous stretches of scenic beauty covered in pure white snow is one of the best things to do in Manali.
9. River rafting- river rafting in Manali is an enthralling activity to indulge in. It is most commonly done at the Beas River and involves playing with the splashing waves, swaying with the dynamic movements and always wanting to jump off the raft for some extra fun!
10. Street shopping at The Mall Road in Manali- The Mall Road in Manali has an endless number of stores selling everything from pickles, jams, chutneys to junk jewellery, wooden handicrafts and much more. There are shops selling local handicrafts and pocket-friendly souvenir items of this scenic hill station.
11.Unique Retail therapy at Old Manali- Old Manali Market has a lot of Tibetan stores and more shops for everything clothing-related, junk and silver jewellery, local food items, handicrafts and artwork. Pieces like funky t-shirts, colourful woollens, boho bags, a wide range of old music CD’s and so much more can be found here. Exploring here should help you find some interesting, hidden Manali treasures.
12. Solang Valley Ropeway or Gondola- This is a cabin ride in Solang Valley which takes you to the top of Solang Valley. It is an aerial journey over the picturesque valley from where you can look around you to enjoy pristine views.
13. Enjoying a meal at rooftop cafes- the cafe culture in Manali is quite prominent especially with stunning rooftop cafes offering hearty, delicios food as you look upon the sweeping views of the beautiful Himalayan range!
A gift from the Gods to us, Manali is a magnificent township of Himachal Pradesh showcasing the bounty of nature via gleaming snow-capped mountains, gorgeous terrains and picturesque landscapes. Given the fact that there is so much to do and enjoy here, we hope you have a comprehensive idea about it now!