Best Things To Do in Kasol
A hamlet in the district of Kullu, Kasol is a tourist attraction which is steadily rising to prominence and for all the right reasons! There is so much to do in Kasol which simply makes it an abode of happiness. This blog lists the best things to do while in Kasol to make the most out of your trip.
- Trekking- The Kheer Ganga (of emerald hills) Trek is the most famous trek in Kasol. Embrace the thrill of trekking and once you reach to the top/destination, you will be rewarded by almost fairy-tale like landscapes! From being amidst the clouds to viewing snow-capped mountains and lush orchids of pine and apple trees, it will be a sight for sore eyes! Other popular treks are the Sar Pass Trek and Pin Parvati Pass Trek.
2. Riverside camping- Camping in Kasol, especially at a riverside, would be a tranquil experience given its quaint nature. The base camp would also be the hotspot from where treks begin so it’ll be like coming back to reside in the lap of mother nature!
3. Binge on Israeli Cuisine- Known as Mini Israel, it goes unsaid that Kasol will have delectable Israeli food to offer. Lemon caks, shakshouka and many more exotic dishes would be served as you enjoy the Himalayan grandeur around you, pure bliss! Turquoise Kasol and The Evergreen are the two most famous restaurants for the same.
4. Shopping- Shopping on the streets of Kasol is a must-do for everyone looking to add beautiful collectibles and souvenirs to their memories stash and wardrobe. Semi-precious stones, woolen clothing, t-shirts, aromatic oils, rugs and carpets are some of the things you can purchase, see a variety of.
5. Trying out rice beer- as we already mentioned about delicious Israeli food, an infamous drink called rice beer is another thing you should indulge in while in Kasol. Also known as Chang, it may be hard to get but if you ask around or at the place you are staying, you can manage to find it. It will definitely be worth it because it has a deliciously rich taste without a single drop of alcohol in it!
6. Attend the Hype Music festival- a complete fun package, the Hype Music Festival is one of the most popular events in Kasol which witnesses amazing performances of DJ’s from all across the globe, unparalleled experiences of losing yourself in the bonfire, barbeque, dancing and much more! So do look up the dates of the next festival and if you’ll be planning your trip around it, make sure to not miss it.
7. Parvati Shangir-La Festival- another festival in Kasol that is gaining popularity, this is for people who’d love a big piece of psychedelic trance! From immersive music by international artists to simply entrancing music, beats that you can grove to, it is a pretty exotic plus great experience for which you must attend it!
8. Fishing- a refreshing drive to the nearby village of Naggar will give you an oppurtunity to indulge in fishing and also visit the Naggar Castle as part of this little expedition.
9. Explore Malana- a solitary village that has managed to cut itself off from the regular modern places/systems, it is one quaint and exotic place to explore because of the unique customs and traditions prevalent. You’ll have to take a short climb pathway to reach as no road-route is available. However, it will be worth a visit to see the enchanting scenery around the village and learn more about the oddities that surround its history and culture.
10. Photography- Himachal Pradesh is world-famous for its stunning views so Kasol too is a paradise for anyone who likes to capture scenic beauty in the form of gorgeous mountain ranges, valleys, snow-capped hills and lush greenery among more.
11. Bath and Hot Springs at Manikaran- Home to many pilgrimage sites especially of value to Hindus and Sikh, Manikaran is located on the Parvati River and is famous for its natural hot springs. The hot springs are used differently like some pilgrims cook rice and some take a dip in the less warms ones as they consider it to be holy water. A visit and bath here would be a must-do thing when visiting Kasol which is very close to Manikaran.
12. Trekking at Chalal- a small neighbouring village/hamlet, Chalal is a tranquil place that tourists can easily explore without exhausting themselves too much via a simple trek from Kasol where you will walk along the serene Parvati River, get plenty of chances for photography and pave your way through dense forests.
From undisturbed peace to exhilarating adventure activities and entrancing vibes, Kasol has something great to offer for everyone. It is a dynamic destination that would fit perfectly in your travel plan so we hope you’re all set now to let Kasol mesmerise you!