Best Things To Do in Dharamshala
Situated amidst the serenity and beauty of upper Himalayas, Dharamshala is a hill station of prime cultural and natural significance. From being the residence of Dalai Lama and being important for Indo-Tibetan relations, to having an abundance of scenic landscapes, it has quite a bit of character to it which can be explored by the numerous great things to do in here! This blog lists the best things to do in Dharamshala.
- Camping- with forested hills in the beautiful backdrop of clear skies, camping in Dharamshala is something everyone must do, especially for people who have not tried it before. Feel free to setup camp here in the popular spots or rent a tent, star-gaze and revel in the serenity of mother nature!
2. Gorging on delectable Tibetan Food- The Tibetan influence, twist on local cuisines is a delight for all foodies out there! From fun cafes to several traditional restaurants, gorging on delicious Tibetan dishes like momos, thukpas and more while in Dharamshala is a definitely enjoyable thing to do.
3. Shopping- handicrafts and artefacts that represent Indian and Tibetan Culture, shopping in Dharamshala is a great retail therapy activity! From warm woollen knits, quirky jewellery to unique handicrafts and accessories, the shopping scene at Dharamshala is well set and ranges from street markets to proper stores.
4. Paragliding- Bir Billing is one of the best places to do Paragliding at. It is almost 65 km from Dharamshala and well worth a visit. You’ll soar up in the sky and feel the adrenaline rushing in your head, body as you will fly high and see the sweeping views of Himalayas!
5. Trekking- A popular thing to do in Dharamshala is trekking to the picturesque Kareri Lake. The pathway for the trek will be full of breathtaking views and beautiful trees and the destination of the Kareri Lake in itself is a wholesome spot to unwind and feel the serenity at. In general also, there is endless trek routes to reach the various Himalayan attractions beginning from Dharamshala to places like Triund, Chamba, Indrahar Pass so make sure to indulge in at least a few!
6. Meditation- if you are looking for some peace and me-time then head to the Gyoto Monastery which is a constant source of and, go-to place for a tranquil experience. Meditating here will help battle anxiety and restlessness as things taught here are life lessons you will forever keep with you!
7. Cycling around the Town- Cycling or mountain biking is a great way to explore this tinsel town on your own and feel more fit in the process. The roads are smooth and network is not an issue so you can get set and let the GPS guide you to have fun at your own pace!
8. Unwinding at cafes- to say that the cafe culture in Dharamshala is quite prominent would be an understatement as there are so many wonderful cafes serving warm, delectable food! From local to international cuisines, the cafes in Dharamshala offer delicious food amidst instagram worthy panoramas and lot of opportunities to chill, unwind with friends!
9. Sightseeing- Dharamshala is very rich in culture and heritage so sightseeing in Dharamshala should be on top your itinerary! The bountiful nature, spiritual and and architectural landmarks are what make up most of the town’s amazing tourism. From monasteries that sooth the soul to sprawling tea gardens in the lap of scenic beauty, Dharamshala has it all.
10. Adventure activities- for people looking to get some thrill and a sense of adventure, Dharamshala is also a destination for super fun adventure activities like rock-climbing, hiking, zip-lining, fishing and more! So definitely check these out and have the time of your lives.
Dharamshala is a wholesome getaway where there is something for everyone. Be it peace and serenity, a streak of adventure or just fantastic tourism, this magical town is a popular destination for all the right reasons. With a myriad of things to do in Dharamshala, we’re sure you can. never go wrong with a vacation here!