Best Things To Do in Deoria Tal
A pristine lake on the Ukhimath-Chopta Road of Uttarakhand, Deoria Tal and the area around is one of the most popular trekking destinations in the region with imposing snow-capped mountains and soothing, scenic beauty surrounding it. This blog post lists the best things to do in Deoria Tal to take in the best vibes!
- Trekking- The various trekking routes to and from Deoria Tal are full of magnificent views of beautiful snow-capped mountains, evergreen forests and even spotting of some lovely animals like Chital and Deers! Deoria Tal is simply a trekker’s paradise. The most popular treks like Tungnath Temple, Chandrashila, Rohini Buygal among many more will make you witness the staggering beauty of the many Himayalan ranges.
2. Camping- after trekking if there is one must-do activity in Deoria Tal that would undoubtedly be camping plus night camping. Setting up tents amidst the serene nature of this place is going to ease your mind like nothing else. Away from the hustle bustle, it’ll be like a new life. From the camping bases you can then trek and explore more of the region.
3. Star Gazing- Because of its remoteness, high-altitude trek and camping points, Deoria Tal is a great place for stargazing and astrophotography. Lying under the bright stars as you camp and marvel at the beauty around is one of the most peaceful things to do in Deoria Tal. October to June are the best months for this.
4. Photography- Uttarakhan is world-famous for the stunning views so Deoria Tal too is a a dream-place for anyone who likes to capture scenic beauty. You won’t be able to resist from taking some stunning snapshots at every nook and turn!
5. Rafting at Rishikesh- if time permits, make sure to add rafting at Rishikesh as a pit-stop where you flow in the cool waves of the lake, do cliff jumping and have the once-in-a-lifetime kind of a fun, with the exception that you can do it/come here for endless joy!
Perched at a height of 2438 m, Deoria Tal is a lake, perfectly nestled in the upper Himalayas of Uttarakhand. The miraculous reflection of snow-clad peaks is a spectacular sight to cherish. A mix of camping and trekking would perfectly sum to explore Deoria Tal!