Best Things To Do in Chopta
A small region of meadows and evergreen forests, Chopta is a little hidden gem in Uttarakhand which is best known for engaging activities like camping and trekking. This blog lists the best things to do in Chopta to explore it fully!
2.Trekking- Part of Kedarnath Wildlife sanctuary, Chopta is a trekker’s paradise. The snowy terrains, dense woods make it a perfect valley to explore in Uttarakhand. Witness the secluded beauty of nature in Chopta with the most popular Tungnath Temple Trek and Devariyatal Trek among more.
3. Bird Watching- Chopta is full of exotic and local birds flying around so it comes under the Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary. You’ll be able to spot a rich variety of Himalayan birds like the Himalayan Monal, Swiftlet, Griffin, Scarlet Finch among so many more.
4. Rock Climbing and Rappelling- Chopta is a haven for all adventure seekers so it’s natural rocks also are ideal for the enthralling exercises of rock-climbing and rappelling. All levels of these activities can be indulged in and is bound to give you an adrenaline rush!
5. Yoga and Meditation- The tranquil landscapes and soothing vibes of Chopta are ideal for yoga and meditation which will help you focus and feel the inner peace. It is the best escape to calm your head space!
6. Outdoor activities and games- the pleasant weather and great terrains of Chopta hill station makes for an off-beat but amazing playing area where you can indulge in playing sports/games like football, volleyball, badminton, anything you please with friends and family!
7. Snow-skiing- Chopta experiences ample snowfall in its meadows so you can easily enjoy skiing here. Skiing equipment is available, however, trainers/learning courses for skiing are not widely offered yet.
A picturesque hamlet that is not very explored, Chopta is almost like India’s Mini Switzerland! The snow-capped mountains and amazing trekking trails make it a must-visit for all nature lovers plus adventure seekers so we hope your itinerary for Chopta will be complete with all these super fun activities!