Best Things To Do in Binsar
Perched at an elevation of 2400 m, Binsar is a small town in Uttarakhand which is infamous for the surreal beauty of snow-capped mountains, beautiful terrains, thick forests and numerous hills among more. There are several engaging activities to indulge in here, so this blog lists the best things to do in Binsar for the most wholesome trip experience.
- Trekking- Trekking in Binsar is the best opportunity to walk through the town’s mesmerising realms and get a taste of its native culture. The terrains and pathways are full of spectacular views of mountain ranges and lush green forests! The most popular route/trek begins at the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
2. Exploring the local cuisine of Binsar- Binsar’s local cuisines has some very rich-in-flavour delicacies that you must try. These include Ragi Roti, Bhatt ki daal, bhaang ki khataai, kumaoni raita, palak ka kapa, etc. A special mention would go to Buransh which is a famous local squash dish made from rhododendron flowers.
3. Soak in the beauty of Kasauni- Kasauni in Kumaon is a beautiful hill station at a 2-hour drive from Binsar. The gorgeous views around Binsar become even more enchanting. Here the tea plantation, tea factory and buying locally handcrafted, rich shawls are some must-do things.
4. Camping- Binsar is known for offering enthralling views of the majestic Himalayan peaks such as Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Nanda Kot, Panchachuli, and Kedarnath. Wrapped up in thick foliage, it is undoubtedly one of the best places for experiencing adventurous hiking, camping and nature walk. Camping in Binsar is a must-do thing because residing amidst pristine nature is a rare opportunity.
5. Sightseeing- spirituality and divinity are the vibes you’ll feel at the various popular temples in Binsar. The most common ones to visit are Bageshwar, Baijnath Temples and Jageshwar.
6. Walking through the charming villages- villages in Binsar like Behsodi and Basoli have a rustic charm with very hospitable and welcoming local residents. The regions are blooming with scenic beauty and anyone who loves to be outdoors will enjoy walking around in them. From lush greenery of tall pine tress to chirping birds, these villages are hidden treasures that you must explore!
Binsar is known for offering enthralling views of the majestic Himalayan peaks such as Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Nanda Kot, Panchachuli, and Kedarnath. Wrapped up in thick foliage, it is undoubtedly one of the best places for experiencing adventurous hiking, camping and nature walk. We hope you’re now all set to explore this beautiful place!