Best Things to Do in Bharmour
A pristine town and hidden hamlet in Himachal Pradesh, Bharmour is the perfect getaway for adventurous treks and amazing sightseeing. Since it is in close proximity to most other major destinations like Chamba and, there is hardly a dearth of attractions to see and things to do! This blog lists the best things to do while in Bharmour for the best travel experience.
- Trekking- Trekking in Bharmour is the top-rated activity to do and indulge in. It is the best way to explore the magnificent natural beauty of Bharmour and other regions around it. The trails are interesting to walk through and offer amazing views. Some popular treks are- Manimahesh Lake Trek, Bara Bangal Trek, Thamsar Pass Trek, Bharmour-Keylong Trek and Manimahesh-Kamal Kund Glacier Trek.
2. Trek to waterfalls- Bharmour is full of breathtaking waterfalls in and around it. Waterfalls of Thala, Ghared, Hadsar, Sathali and Kaksen-Bhagsen are all within 20 km of Bharmour and are must-visit places to visit near Bharmour.
3. Exploring Bharmour’s religious culture and divinity- Temples in Bharmour are the most famous tourist attractions of Bharmour as there are several interesting legends, folk stories about the same. They also have beautiful, intricate architecture and design. Some of the most popular temples in Bharmour are- Bharmani Mata Temple, Chaurasi Temple, Shivshakti Devi Temple, and Banni Mata Temple.
4. Camping- Camping sites near/in Bharmour are equipped with all modern-day amenities and are quite convenient to reach trek points. Manimahesh Base Camp, Kugti Summer Base Camp and several more are some of the best places for camping in Bharmour. The base camp is best chosen as per the treks you plan on undertaking. Camping is one of the must-try things in Bharmour.
5. Indulging in Tibetan cuisine- Most of Himachal Pradesh has a Tibetan influence in their food and cuisines hence having momos and thukpa are some of the best ideas here. In Bharmour, momos for both non-vegetarians and vegetarians are served in Tibetan flavors. Momos and Thupka are regular street food and one of the best things to eat in Bharmour.
7. Shopping in Chamba- Chamba is close to Bharmour and has several market areas and stores from where traditional Himachali souvenirs like wooden handicrafts, silver or junk jewelry, signature clothes and more can be purchased. In Bharmour travelers can shop traditional Tibetan artifacts and woolen crochets as souvenirs.
Bharmour is a unique and interesting destination to go to for a fun vacation with stunning scenic beauty all around and wholesome vibes! This little gem of a place is bound to mesmerise you so we hope now you know all the things to not miss when you are there!