9 Best Things To Do in Ranikhet
Literally meaning ‘Queen’s Garden’, Ranikhet is a beautiful hill station nestled in the lap of Kumaon Hills of Uttarakhand. It is supposed to be the place where Rani Padmini fell in love with Raja Sudhardev and that inspired the name of this place. The air here is full of freshness and with scenic beauty all around, Ranikhet has a whole lot of ultimate, rich culture and sightseeing to offer. This blog lists down the best things to do in Ranikhet for the most fulfilling experience.
- Exploring the famous temples- Paying your regards at, and experiencing spirituality in places of worship would be a great way to understand the religious culture in here. Some popular temples in Ranikhet that see large crowds and are a must-visit to seek divine blessings from are Jhula Devi Temple, Haidhakhan Babaji Temple, Binsar Mahadev Temple, Mankameshwar Temple and Katarmal Sun Temple.
2. Have a picnic/fun time at a theme-park- the jungle-themed Ashiyana Park in Ranikhet is a very cool spot for people of ages. From swings for children to colourful fountains and lush herbal gardens, this theme-park is also perfect for amazing views of the Himalayan peaks making it just right for a fun family outing!
3. Refreshing walk through the orchards- The Chaubatia Gardens in Ranikhet is an unparalleled paradise of greenery full of cedar plus pine trees, blooming rhododendrons, lily flowers and orchards of many fruits. Taking a walk here will be very soul-soothing and calming for your head space. It will also enable you to see great views of peaks like the Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Neelkanth.
4. Picnicking and bird watching- the artificial lake of Bhalu Dam in Ranikhet is the ideal spot for enjoying serene vibes and having a little picnic. Sitting amidst the gorgeous nature, along with feeling the tranquillity, bird-watching would also be a fun activity to do here.
5. Playing Golf- situated just 6-7 km from Ranikhet, Upat Golf Course is a nice, long stretch of land which is great for trying out a game of golf. This 9-holes golf course is maintained by the Army and is also known as one of the highest golf courses in the world.
6. Visit the nearby village of Naukuchiatal- this is a definite must-do for all because Naukuchiatal which is about 40 km from Ranikhet is the biggest and deepest lake in Nainital. One can simply soak in the beauty around and relax or indulge in the jam-packed activity schedule with adventures like zorbing, zip-lining, flying fox, boating or karaoking going around! Either ways, it’ll be one fantastic trip.
8. Having some local sweets like Bal Mithai and Singhori- These among some more are the popular delicacies of this place where Bal mithai is a local sweet dish made of milk with sugar beads on top, and Singhori is a cone-shaped sweet wrapped in mallu leaf.
9. Indulge in Shopping- The Zaroori Bazaar and Sadar Bazaar in Ranikhet are the markets where you can head to for purchasing any necessity items and also traditional goods of the area as souvenirs or memories to bring back home.
The tiny hill paradise, Ranikhet, is a mesmerising beauty of a place and the attractions here are a marvel to look at. It offers sweeping views of mountain ranges and also the orchids, gardens, religious architecture are all some of the most enthralling forces to reckon with. We hope Ranikhet would now make it to your list of places to visit next in Uttarakhand!