Best 10 Things To Do in Auli Joshimath
Auli Joshimath is one of the most captivating hill station destinations in Uttarakhand. From the majestic snow-capped mountain ranges to simply ethereal scenic beauties, Auli is a natural paradise. There is a lot to indulge in on a trip to here so this blog lists the top things to do in Auli Joshimath.
- Skiing- Thanks to its elevation of 2500-3000 meters above sea level, Auli is one of the most famous skiing destinations in the world. People can enjoy skiing activities throughout the year ever since the construction of the artificial lake there. High slopes and snow-blankets all across the area make it a very fun and adventurous activity to indulge in.
2. Camping- Camping in Auli is very popular because of the beautiful landscapes around, fresh air and lush greenery. Staying amidst all this is a very rejuvenating experience. The best time for camping is during summers when the meadows of snow transform into pretty Greenlands. Joshimath in Auli has several great camping getaways.
3. Trekking- Auli has many amazing trekking and hiking pathways, routes and trekking in Auli is a must-do activity. Surrounded by beautiful snow-capped mountains and meadows, it attracts all trek-lovers. The most popular treks that offer unparalleled views are the Kuari Pass Trek, trek to Kwani Bugyal and the Auli Gorson Trek wherein the former you walk between the lush and dense nature and also get a chance to have fun interactions with the locals and in the latter two, you see sweeping views of the mountain ranges.
4. Ropeway Ride- The next most famous activity to do in Auli after skiing is its ropeway ride that takes travellers from the Auli Clifftop to Joshimath. In the journey, it enables people to experience majestic views of the Nanda Devi Peak, Sanjivani Parvat and sweeping landscapes.
5. Take a stroll at Chenab Lake- Situated in Dang Village, Chenab lake is the one rare places with virgin/original beauty undisturbed by anything. The waters are crystal clear and a stroll around it would be very refreshing. Some of the most popular trekking trails also begin from here.
6. Bird Watching- Auli and its neighbouring regions form the Nanda Devi Biosphere so it is naturally rich with alpine forests, chirpy birds of exotic and different species like jays, woodpeckers, finch, Himalaya Griffin among so many more. It is a soul-soothing activity to simply roam around and take a bird watching tour.
7. Trying the Garhwali Cuisine- Auli is famous for having Garhwali cuisine as one of its local cuisines where dishes are prepared with lots of leafy vegetables, dal and rice. The meat dish which is a traditional staple is the Kachmauli that is stuffed goat seasoned with mustard oil, chilly and turmeric.
8. Having some local sweets like Bal Mithai and Singhori- These among some more are the popular delicacies of this place where Bal mithai is a local sweet dish and Singhori is a cone-shaped sweet wrapped in mallu leaf.
9. Indulging in shopping at Joshimath Market– Being a snow skiing destination, Auli has several shops selling ski equipment. Apart from that, the shopping options in Auli are only modest. However, those who want to enjoy shopping as one of the things to do in Auli can head to the Joshimath Market. Joshimath is located 13 km away from Auli and is dotted with shops selling woollen caps, shawls, warm clothes, artefacts, and much more which can be taken back home as souvenirs and memories
Auli Joshimath is a paradise for a plethora of enthralling and rejuvenating activities. It is a very popular attraction in India for all the right reasons so we hope you are now all aware and equipped to head there, make the most of your trip by covering all the must-do adventures!