11 Best Things To Do in Dehradun
Nestled amidst the Doon Valley in Uttarakhand, Dehradun is a very popular and beautiful hill station that attracts all types of travellers alike. There is a myriad of things to explore and sites to visit so there every moment will be full of majestic vibes. It’s a trove of hidden treasures so this blog lists the best things to do in Dehradun for the best experience.
- Camping- Dehradun is a valley that beams at night so gazing at a clear sky full of stars, residing amidst the tranquil nature are a must-do. Camping in Dehradun is thus a very popular activity especially at George Everest Park.
2. Trekking- Since it is located at the foothills of the Shivalik range, Dehradun is a hub for thrill-seekers. Trekking in Dehradun is the top most thing to engage yourself in where you talk on scenic pathways with great views. It is also a unique and effective way of exploring the town’s gorgeous flora and fauna! The most common trekking trails for the right pump of adrenaline are- Nag Tibba, Chhaskhet, Bhadraj Hill, Dhanulti Trek and Rishiket Trek among many more. The best months to do this are June and December.
3. Paragliding- soaring high into the sky and flying as you marvel at the stunning views of the infinite valleys, Paragliding is one of the best things to do in Dehradun. You can do this on your way from Dehradun to Rishikesh and map the vistas with your eyes.
4. Jungle Safari- Jungle Safari at Rajaji National Park is a must do when in Dehradun for all fauna lovers who are swayed away by the glorious mother nature of ours. You’ll see animals in their natural habitat and in their raw lifestyle form so definitely check that out.
5. Gorging on infamous baked goods- for everyone with even a little bit of a sweet tooth, the baked treats at Ellora’s Melting Moments in Dehradun would be heavenly! From rich and creamy brownies, plum cakes to cream rolls and more, it’ll be a chocolate trip well enjoyed.
6. Shopping at the Tibetan Market and Paltan Market- a trip to Dehradun is only complete if you indulge in some shopping at the markets there near Parade Ground Road or Rispana Pul. There is a plethora of affordable, pocket-friendly and beautiful items that you can purchase as souvenirs and local goods! The Paltan Market is the local market which has an endless variety of clothes, stationary, household items and more so a shopping spree is inevitable.
7. Seeking Spiritual and Religious comfort- The Mindrolling Monastery is one of the largest Buddhist centres in India and it has impeccably designed architecture with hues of Japanese designs. The walls are reminiscent of Buddha’s life and it is a must-visit place to go for the most peaceful experience.
8. Clubbing- nightlife in Dehradun is as happening as the big city ones so feel free to head over to the many clubs which offer a chance to just kickback and unwind. Some of them also have great mountain views to marvel at!
9. Picnic at the nature park- The Lacchiwala nature park is the best spot to have a great day-out with the family and picnic. It is surrounded by unparalleled natural beauty, has swings for the children and overall is a quiet escape from the daily monotony.
10. Sightseeing- Dehradun is so much sightseeing that you can easily spend days there! From seeking the thrill at Robber’s Cave and taking a dip in the medicinal waters of Sahastradhara to beautifully made temples, institutes, parks and other unique places, there is an abundance of places to visit as well as things to do there!
11. Bird-watching- the Assan Barrage in Dehradun is amazing for bird-watching. It is essentially a confluence point of the Assan and Yamuna river where it consists of ponds, swamps, marshes and more. It is alluring for unique migratory and resident birds so you’ll definitely spot many colourful, beautiful species around this area!
Dehradun is undoubtedly the best getaway for an adventurous yet relaxing vacation. It is a bountiful destination with a rich culture, mystic-scenic beauty all around, stunning architecture and so much more. If there is a place worth spending days in and falling in love with it, Dehradun will be it!